11.16.2007

My Studio Is,...

Inadequate.

Today's "Blog It!" topic at Flaming Hot! is, "My Studio Is,..." and that's the first thing that popped into my head.

I make do with my little corner of the garage and still have fun, but there are a lot of improvements I'd like to make. I don't really have an adequate ventilation system. I work next to the garage door with the door open and a fan blowing on the other side of me. That gets cold this time of year!

This is what I want in a dream studio. I want a cute little shed in the backyard with a torching workstation on one end where I'll have a ventilation hood, my kiln, and all my glass and tools. On the other side I want a jewelry making workbench with lots of organized storage for all the different jewelry making components I collect.

I want a sound system so I can listen to my music. I want a little couch or comfy chair so friends can visit me and chat while I work. I want some running water and a sink, and oh, yeah, HEAT. Then I want to decorate it in a funky artistic way.

For now, though "inadequate" will just have to be, um, adequate, I guess.

post signature

4 comments:

Jamie Dawn said...

I wish you had your wish. That designer work shed would be marvelous!!

The bracelet you made and showed in the previous post is really pretty.
Well done!!

R said...

I just bought a portable heater for my sunroom (where I work out on my treadmill) and it was only 40 bucks or so at Lowe's. It really heats up the room, and if you sit next to it, it gets you warm, alright! You should check it out. It is ideal for garage spaces and working in there.

Jennifer said...

Yeah, that would work except for the slight danger of working with a flammable gas that could possibly pool by the floor where the space heater sits should my hose leak at anytime. Safety first! lol

Avery Gray said...

That sounds awesome! You could do so much in a cute little shed like that. My husband's aunt has a crafting shed with a foundation and insulation and heating for her quilting. I'd like one for an office, too.