11.08.2007

The Strange Woman Next Door

Today I was wondering, not for the first time, just what my neighbors think of me out in my garage playing at my torch. When I make beads I take my MP3 player and headphones out to the garage with me. I can't even imagine making beads without my music. In fact, today, I spent ten minutes looking for my MP3 player before I could go out and turn on my torch.

So, there I sit, with my torch, which is a bit loud, and my headphones on my ears. I work with the garage door open, and I sing my lungs out. No one has ever asked me about it, but I wonder just how strange I appear, or worse, just how bad I sound. It doesn't matter really. Singing while I work is a completely involuntary response. Nothing I can do about it. Besides, it wouldn't be fun any other way. Still, I can't help wondering.
post signature

4 comments:

R said...

I feel that way when I have the window open and I am playing my guitar and singing---or when I am on the treadmill singing terribly with the songs that I am hearing.

I think it is cool that you do that.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I agree. I sing constantly in the car, and I've often become quite self-conscious when stopped at a light and happen to notice someone staring at me after I've been vocalizing at the top of my lungs. But what the heck, I do it anyway.

Dapoppins said...

No wonder you love the beads so much! I usually scrap book...queietly, which is strange for me.

Jennifer said...

Well, I'm glad I'm in such good company with the crazy singing. I'll do so without qualm or hesitation from now on.

Dapoppins quiet? Hmmm, very hard to imagine. ;-)