10.23.2007

Bead Photography

I went out and bought a fancy new photography setup so I can take nice pictures of my beads because I threw out my old photo setup in a decluttering frenzy. The photos are important as I plan at some point to sell my beads online again.

Would you like to see this fancy setup?


It's not going to work, though. Silly me. I bought the wrong kind of bowl and it casts shadows all over the beads when I put it on top of the beads for photographing. The purpose of the bowl is to diffuse the light and cut down on little glare spots on the beads, but this bowl creates more problems than it fixes.


A few beads from yesterday's torch session (again, not cleaned yet.)


Ugh! Shadows AND glare. Back to the drawing board.
post signature

7 comments:

Joeprah said...

Wow! Awesome beads! And I am a guy...I am not sure if that is relevant.

Jennifer said...

Thanks,joeprah! Actually, some of the lampworkers I admire most are guys. But yeah, guys who appreciate a good set of beads have a special place in my heart. ;-)

Dapoppins said...

I was thinking of getting a better set up to take pictures of the kids, but I still can't get them to hold still with the bowl on their heads.


Your beads are gerogous. but you know that, don't you!

Avery Gray said...

That is a hi-tech system you have there. I'm not sure I could set up something that sophisticated. ;o)

And, I agree, your beads are gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

dappy, a little duct tape will do ya!

Avery, yeah, and all that hi tech equipment doesn't come cheap ya know!

Deb said...

Have you tried a light tent? You can usually find them on eBay for about $15. Not as cheap as a laundry hamper (which is genius, btw), but it would work great!

Jennifer said...

I have looked at the light tents before. I hadn't realized you could get them so inexpensively on ebay, though. The tub has the added benefit of keeping my camera steady. I don't have a tripod either. :-P