10.08.2007

Two Addictions Combined (Or the Best of Both Worlds)

So, while I've been away from my torch I've been blogging. No, not here, two posts would make me a pretty pathetic blogger, but over at my personal blog I have over 500 posts logged. I retired that blog because I wanted to get back to doing some of the other things I love, not the least of which is melting glass. Now I find that while I've been away from the world of bead making, bead makers have become pretty savvy bloggers!

I've already visited several blogs of bead makers, and it's really helping me firm up ideas about my own art and the "art" of turning that back into a business. It's exciting to dive back into that community and reconnect with some whose work I've always admired and some who I've met at various events and shows. I'm having to resist the temptation to say, "Remember me?" everywhere I go in that community because I feel like I've been away for so long.

I'm also going to have to resist the temptation to spend all my time blogging about beads and get to making them!
post signature

1 comment:

Capt. Elaine Magliacane said...

Hi Jennifer... saying remember me wouldn't help with me... I'm so new I squeak at bead making. I'm a pretty lousy blogger too... that 12hr a day at work may be holding me back... anyway glad to meet you. Once I figure out how I'll link to your blog from mine :D