10.09.2007

Success!

The garage cleaning went better than I expected. It turns out I was able to stack stuff in his part of the garage (effectively making his garage cleaning job more difficult, I'm afraid) leaving enough space for me to clean up my workspace. I just have to wheel the lawnmower outside when I decide to work. Small sacrifice.

Anyway, while I was cleaning I found a handful of beads I had made a couple of years ago but never annealed. It gave me the chance to figure out how to program my kiln again. Thankfully, I took good notes the first time I had to learn how to do it.


Besides annealing a batch of beads, I actually managed to turn on my torch for an hour in between appointments today. I made three. whole. beads. My bead making muscles need some retraining, but a lot came right back to me. I can still make 'em round. I'll also have to relearn a lot of things. I kept it simple today, but I'll have more time to experiment tomorrow.

It makes me beyond happy to be back to doing this!
post signature

2 comments:

R said...

How fun! I am not a jewelry person, but your experiments and utter fun with the whole bead thing is so like me and soapmaking!

And they are SO PRETTY!!!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Those are more than awesome! My dream is to learn how to make my own glass beads.