10.27.2007

Beauty from Chaos

The creative process is different for everyone, I suppose. For me, a little chaos in the beginning often gets the ball rolling when I'm making jewelry. Would you like to see my jewelry creation station?


Actually, I'm not alone. I've seen much worse. Some of the beads on my bead board have been there for years, but when I sit down to create a piece it helps me to have lots of shapes and colors from which to draw. I usually end up running to the bead store downtown to pick up a few beads and spacers that I need to complete my project.

Today I put together a bracelet from the dotty beads I made earlier in the week. This bracelet is for a friend who is fighting a fierce battle right now. I can't be with her to stand by her side in person, but I hope she'll wear this, feel its weight on her wrist and know that she is strong. I hope it will also remind her that God is with her and loves her and so do I.



post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so thoughtful to design and create the bracelet for your friend. It's beautiful. Your work is so good.

I have been meaning to tell you that I'm glad to see you blogging about your beading. I certainly missed you when you "shut down" your other blog... until I found you here!

Gledwood said...

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

As I said on my blog:

O wow I would LOVE to learn how to make beads myself!

I only used Fimo and the limitations of the material all too quickly became apparent...

If I had the dough (and you were selling) I'd also definitely get your stuff as presents...

I tell you what I bet your style would go down really well in Japan and South East Asia... I can imagine schoolgirls from that area wearing your beads... bigtime

and so what if they're expensive?

There are some stinking rich schoolgirls out there, believe me!!

;->...

Jamie Dawn said...

The bracelet is FANtastic!!!!
I love that you put a little HOPE charm on it.
Your friend will be encouraged by this gift.

Anonymous said...

That is a GREAT bracelet. Hugs and prayers for your friend. You probably have no idea how much this is going to touch and help your friend.

Dapoppins said...

really, really georgous...your friend will be so blessed. and I thought your bead station was very tidy. You should see the area where I do the scrap booking!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! Praying it will bless your friend.