10.19.2007

Torch Day

Monday and Thursday are the two days I've designated as Torch Day. I marked it on my calendar, and I'll not be making appointments, lunch dates, or any other plans for those days.


I did get on the torch yesterday, but not for hours like I had planned. The wind was howling so badly yesterday that by the time I had finished my first bead making session my garage was filled with leaves. I had to sweep it out!


Here is yesterday's bounty from the torch, not even cleaned yet. I'm really happy about the fact that the beads are pretty uniform in size and shape. That only began to come easily to me after making lots and lots of simple beads. That's one thing bead making has taught me. Practice really is the only way to get good at something and it really does pay off.


post signature

9 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, those are awesome and you are so talented friend! I came from the buzz...

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

You are just too, too talented!

Anonymous said...

Those look great! I think that patience is my problem. I'm not sure I have the patience to go through making 9,432 horrible beads before I start making decent ones!

Yours are beautiful, though!

Jamie Dawn said...

Torch Day - that title could have a number of different meanings.
Around here, one would think it was a Burn Day, which means it's okay to burn stuff and not get a ticket.
One might also think it is a holiday for welders.
The beads look GREAT!!

Jennifer said...

Tam, it doesn't take too long to start making nice beads, but with practice they just get better and better. If you want to give it a try I can pass on whatever knowledge I have (not so much) and you can come over and make some beads. If you like it we could take a class together sometime.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a wonderful idea to schedule torch days. I've tried to do that with my sewing and it seems to be working well. I would love to see your work but for some reason I can't load photos...I'll check back after I restart the computer! loL!

Anonymous said...

ok..now I can see them! Just beautiful...I love the green with the orange swirlys!

Deb said...

WAIT!!! You MAKE those?! Holy cow.

Jennifer said...

Yup. Uh-huh. :-)